INVITED PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
If you are planning a conference or a workshop about marine mammals and you are interested in the participation of the director of the BDRI please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The director of the BDRI Mr. Díaz López has delivered a number of lectures and public talks on cetacean research, marine biology and conservation, and he has been invited to make presentations in meetings, workshops and seminars, the most representative being:
• Invited speaker: In the international conference about marine mammals in Israel. Conference entlited: Common bottlenose dolphins and marine fin fish farms: co-existence or conflict? IMMRAC, Tel-aviv, Israel, October 2011.
• Invited speaker – Workshop entitled “Cetaceans and fisheries on Spanish coasts: interaction or conflict”. CEMACAM, Murcia. Spain, May 2011.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Monitoring coastal bottlenose dolphin populations”. University Autonoma of Barcelona, Spain. November 2010.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Predation and Competition: the impact of aquaculture and fisheries on bottlenose dolphins in Sardinia, Italy.” 17 ème Conférence Internationale sur les Cétacés en Méditerranée, Nice France, January 2008.
• Invited speaker - Online conference entlited “Impact of aquaculture on marine mammals”. Aquacet (Peru), December 2008.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled " Impact of aquaculture on marine mammals” Parque de las ciencias Granada, Spain, November 2008
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Whistles characteristics and repertoire of wild bottlenose dolphins in Sardinia Island, Italy.” 16 ème Conférence Internationale sur les Cétacés en Méditerranée, Nice, France, November 2008.
• Invited speaker - Seminars entitled “Cetaceans and aquaculture: problems and conflicts” 8-10 April 2008. Malaga, Almeria and Granada. Fundation Gypaetus and Ministery of Agriculture and fishery of Andalucia, Spain.
• Invited speaker - Workshop “Cetaceans & Fisheries in Italy”, ACCOBAMS - MiPAAF. Rome, 10-11 September 2007. Italian Ministery of Agriculture and fishery, Rome, Italy.
• Invited speaker - Seminar entitled " Interaction between marine mammals and human activities”. 21 September 2006, Pontevedra, Spain.
• Invited speaker - Seminar entitled “Research on bottlenose dolphin populations in the wild” 11 – 12 December 2004. Faculty of Veterinary, University Complutense of Madrid, Spain.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Research on cetacean populations in the wild”, 18 – 20 August 2001. La Graña Marine Research Center, SGHN and University of Santiago, Ferrol, Spain.
• Seminar entitled “Marine mammals research”, 5 May 2000, Sperlonga, Italy. World Wide Fund, Italy.
• Seminar entitled “Methods of research on cetacean population in nature” for the PhD course in Biology. 29 March 2000. Faculty of Biology, University of Roma Tre, Italy.
Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI
Via A. Diaz 4,Golfo Aranci (O-T) 07020 Italy
Tel +39 3460815414
Tel +39 0789 1831197
The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute is a marine science centre for Research, Education and training in cetaceans’ ecology and behaviour. Students and volunteers can participate in hands-on research on wild bottlenose dolphins and other cetaceans along the emerald coast in Sardinia, Italy. The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute offers through the Internship, Volunteer and Field research Course programs hands-on experience in marine mammal research, boat based field work, intensive training and mentoring in marine ecology. It is a great opportunity for interested individuals to go abroad and participate in the BDRI programs during their gap year or to learn about cetacean’s ecology and behaviour during the holidays. The education and training programs will all take part on the north-eastern coast of Sardinia, a true marine biologist’s paradise. Any reproduction of the photographs, art, or other contents
is prohibited without written permission.